Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog! Feel free to look around and comment, tell me what you think!

Monday, December 6, 2010

My Greatest Failure?

Phoenix

My greatest failure in college was adjusting to it. It took me forever but I think that I have gotten as close to adjusted as I am going to get to Southern. As I have said in numerous blogs before, it was hard for me to get used to college. Driving to and from campus seemed like a huge hassle, I felt like I was missing out on a bunch of things happening at night on campus and the cost of college scared me into not enjoying it.

It was scary to think that I am out around $13,000 for one years worth if education. I don’t like the fact that that college costs so much and its so stressful. I let myself get hung up on it. It stressed me out to no end and made me hate college. But I think that my comeback was my biggest success.

I made college more enjoyable to me; I was sick and tired of hating it. I started by simply staying on campus more often, I would stay later and I started sleeping over twice a week. (that’s as many nights as you can stay in one building, its stupid yes I know) I also spaced out my homework schedule more and more so that I wouldn’t be so stressed out about homework every night, and I had more time to just hang out. I also tried to bring in friendly reminders of the things that I love to campus. I showed how I did this in my final movie. So my biggest failure led to my biggest success.

No comments: